Welcome to my little corner of the world wide web. I have many random thoughts, mostly I am passionate about them if they end up here, but I'm using this as a way to get my randomness out of my noggin'. Plus...it will free up my poor Facebook wall!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

BeliefNet - Religion survey

In my research into religion and what, if any, religion is right for me, I ran across a site called BeliefNet. This site has some Quizzes you can take, one of them being, "A Personality quiz about your religious and spiritual beliefs". So, out of curiousity only (I will not make my religious choices on this quiz, it's just interesting) I took the quiz. Here are the results of the religions that best match my beliefs:

1. Liberal Quakers (100%)
2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (94%)
4. Baha'i Faith (83%)
5. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (78%)
6. Neo-Pagan (78%)
7. Orthodox Quaker (75%)
8. Sikhism (73%)
9. Theravada Buddhism (70%)
10. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (70%)
11. New Age (67%)
12. Jehovah's Witness (66%)
13. Mahayana Buddhism (66%)
14. Reform Judaism (64%)
15. Secular Humanism (62%)
16. Orthodox Judaism (59%)
17. Seventh Day Adventist (56%)
18. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (54%)
19. Eastern Orthodox (51%)
20. Roman Catholic (51%)
21. Jainism (51%)
22. Hinduism (50%)
23. Taoism (50%)
24. New Thought (46%)
25. Islam (42%)
26. Nontheist (41%)
27. Scientology (37%)

What's interesting about these results is that Mormonism is so high on this list. I remember having a couple of Jehovah Witnesses coming to my house as a teenager, I let them in, because they were hot ;) But, they gave me a book of Mormon, I remember being fascinated with some of the things it talked about. Apparently, I should check it out. I will also be researching all of the religions on this list seeing if their beliefs are something I agree with and if it is worth it for me to try to attend some services and talk to other people about it.

My religious journey is not going to be a fast one, as it shouldn't be, but I do want to eventually find the group that best matches my beliefs and what I want for my future children :)

Thanks for bearing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment