Welcome to my little corner of the world wide web. I have many random thoughts, mostly I am passionate about them if they end up here, but I'm using this as a way to get my randomness out of my noggin'. Plus...it will free up my poor Facebook wall!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I'm an Editor! Well...not really.....

So a few weeks ago, my hubby had lunch with an old co-worker. She mentioned she was working on a book with her husband and was looking for people to read it and give input. My husband, being the amazing man he is, volunteered me saying "Erica loves to read and she is pretty fast". Both of which are true statments...too bad this summer has been so busy, it's taking me 10 times as long to read a book as usual! So, she dropped the not quite complete book off to me. I have to say, I LOVE it! I also love editing it (hmmm gonna have to see how hard it is to get into that market).

The book is called 'The Compound'. It's about a guy named Steve, who is, for lack of a better word, psycho. He had a crazy childhood, and was raised in this compound in the middle of backhill country Georgia by his government hating, god loving father and grandfather who taught him all sorts of crazy things. After an unfortunate accident with his wife and children, Steve is now trying to create the perfect family by kidnapping women that look like his wife and men that look like him. He keeps them in his compound and makes them act like married couples and get pregnant, with the hopes he will get kids that look like his. Steve sets his heart on a girl named Kate, and after a failed date with her, does nothing but obsess over capturing her to make her all his.

The book is not completed, I have through Chapter 36, and am just starting to read Chapter 26 now. I am very intrigued! It's a great story, it flows well, it keeps me interested and I'm going to just die while waiting to know the end of it! It's like I'm watching a great movie and the VCR eats the last 20 minutes of tape!

Congrats to my friends Lisa and Royce who wrote this amazing story! I just know you will get published and I am honored that you asked me to read it! I hope I'm in the Acknowledgements!

No comments:

Post a Comment