Welcome to my little corner of the world wide web. I have many random thoughts, mostly I am passionate about them if they end up here, but I'm using this as a way to get my randomness out of my noggin'. Plus...it will free up my poor Facebook wall!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Who knew that when jumping into an old sport....you shouldn't jump so high!

I had the opportunity to join a Volleyball league recently and I jumped all over it! Since I am feeling great (health wise), and my fitness level is very much improved, I decided it would be great excercise, a lot of fun, and a great way to meet new people and keep in touch with old friends.

Our first scrimmage was yesterday. We played 3 games, which ran about an hour each, give or take a few minutes if we got our rear's handed to us during any set. It was an amazing workout, and a major refresher course! WOW! Luckily, I think I am better at it now than I was back in highschool, although, I'm no expert ;) Today, my arms are bruised from my knuckles to my Biceps...they hurt! That's normal and it will get better as time goes on, but ouchy!

I also learned that some people are just too dang competitive! In my opinion an adult league is about having fun and getting some excercise. Sure, everyone wants to win, and we will bust our tails to try to win, but sometimes, it's okay if you don't win. You certainly don't have to 'dog' on your team mates because you don't think they are as good as you want them to be. Nor, do you have to be a complete ball hog and not let anyone play and continuously say "oh, I didn't think you would get that one." Luckily, I have a high tolerance for stupidity and cruelty, so I ignored her...and actually made a point of saying things like "good try" when she screwed up, and "good job" when she did good. Maybe if I can act like an adult towards her, she will act like an adult back....but it's unlikely.

Anyway, Volleyball was a TON of fun, and I can't wait to go back for more! I totally wish that we played more than on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment